Like papers and rocks


It felt like a beat I've known for far too long
waiting to be discovered, waiting to be found.

Someone once said, home isn't a place, it's a feeling.
Although I partially understood what that meant,
it took me one look through your soul and mind
to fully understand the phrase.

Intimacy it was, but not just a physical one.
There was more to it.
A mental connection.

Somewhere we do belong as whatever it is we are.
Wherever that is, know this,
I'll be there through all the madness and all the sane.
Through tomorrow and today.

Comments

  1. .... THAT IS SOME DEEP STUFF. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in love with your poem - it has lots of rhythm to it <3
    nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Kathie! :D You managed to make each line feel like a regular, simple, conversational sentence - no fancy-schmancy poetic language (of which I am totally guilty of overusing), while maintaining that poetic feel and rhythm. That isn't easy to pull off! For me, at least. Bravo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D
      I love what you write and how you write it, it's beautiful ♥

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts